May 7, 2012 by Heather
- When someone is rude to you, be nice to them.
- Short hair is not always slimming.
- It’s good to kiss a lot of boys. Before you are married, of course.
- Running is the best way to lose weight and keep it off. The elliptical sucks. Even if you feel like you’re doing something, all you’re really doing is looking like a bouncing gopher.
- Eat dessert.
- Calling is better than texting.
- It is important to remember birthdays, even if the card you send has no money in it.
- Look people in the eye when speaking to them, and when listening too.
- Reading a lot of books will make you smarter than watching a lot of movies will.
- Geometry is unnecessary.
- Nerds make the best boyfriends. And husbands.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Bangs are the best thing ever.
- You actually look amazing in that bikini, 18-year-old self.
- It is important to moisturize daily, even if you have oily skin.
- Jobs aren’t much fun.
- Sure, Nike stuff is cool. But a pair of overpriced tennis shoes with a swoosh on them are not worth fighting with Mom about in the kitchen on a school night. Hug her, and be grateful for your Richard Simmons tennis shoes from Payless.
- Low rise jeans are not good, especially if you have a high crack.
- Unscented deodorant works the best.
- Parents know what they are talking about. Most of the time.
- Don’t buy a bag of raw spinach “just because.” Only buy it if you know for a fact that you are going to use it in a recipe or something already planned. You won’t have it in salads for lunch every day that week. You just won’t.
- Be smart with what money you have. Relatively smart. Impulsive buys are a lot of fun though.
- God’s plan is so much bigger and better than the ones I try to come up with on my own.
- Confidence is important. If you can’t muster up the real thing, fake it ’til you make it.
- When in doubt, wear black.
- Be you. It’s exhausting to try to act or look like someone else.